What type of screws for deck.

I will be building a 6 x 3 metre deck soon and wanted to buy 1 screw for the whole job as I'm not keen on nailing decking.

I'll be using 4" x 2" for the frame and 3/8" decking.

I thought it would be just a matter of going to Jewsons and picking up a few boxes of 4" screws but these would probably miles too long for the deck.

So it's 1 screw for the frame and another for the decking...but how long and what type of screw is best at a reasonable cost.

Quite happy to use Screwfix/Ebay/another source if it saves a few £1s.

Noman

Reply to
Noman

In article , Noman writes

How 'bout decking screws?

?id=A431429 Suggest sizing them for a 2" bite in the framing.

Reply to
fred

Nah. It'll fall down with only one screw......

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB