What sort of bathroom floor?

I want to replace the carpet on my bathroom floor but don't know what with, any suggestions?

The bathroom has a T&G wood floor in OK condition, it is casually used, not the main bathroom. Carpet tiles come to mind or lino-tiles but they need a better surface I think? I don't want to lay clip-together wood floor as I will have to take off the skirting and replace it.

Cheers

Reply to
Brian

Cork tiles ? on hardboard ? But the no. of coats of varnish required (to do it properly) makes it a very tedious job, ime.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Vinyl tiles on hardboard is probably easiest ...

-- Jim "a single species has come to dominate ... reproducing at bacterial levels, almost as an infectious plague envelops its host"

Jim Lawton

Snip

I would go with cork tiles. In fact I did. Straight onto the T&G floor. 2 coats of varnish, and it's starting to look like it needs re-doing now, 10 years or more down the line. I like them most because they're nice and warm when you're getting out of the shower on a winter's morning.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks for the input from all. I think I will look into cork tiles onto the T&G floor. Sheet covering sounds fine but a pig to lay for someone who has only done it once before.

Thanks

Reply to
Brian

PS how do I set-up O.Express to post answers at the end of the post instead of the front. I have looked through Options but not found it!

Reply to
Brian

You can download a small app off the web (sorry can't remember name etc.) - I do it manually. There's nothing to stop you deleting stuff which has been posted before in earlier posts....

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Brian, just scroll to the end of the post you want to reply to and type in your answer there - that's how I posted this.

Reply to
Mackem

;-)

Demon

...not forgetting to snip away all the bits that you aren't actually replying to, of course!

Reply to
Derryck Croker