WC & Sink fitment

Hi after some advice, am in the process of fitting out an en-suite bathroom. Have completely tiled the floor and am wondering whether the toilet and sink pedestal should go directly onto the tiles or whether I should use silicone between them? Also should I put a silicone bead around the outside of the base after fitment? Not sure if it is the done thing or not.

TIA

Ian

Reply to
IED

Personally I would seal both...kids splashing about (pa rants even), water ingressing & laying stagnant..... a recipe for fungal growth?

Don

Reply to
Don Spumey

Thanks Don, should I also bed the bases in on silicone as well as seal the edges?

Ian

Reply to
IED

The chances are that the silicone will ooze out around the edges if you bed them in & them it would only be a matter of smoothing off with a soapy finger or two ;-))

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey