Between base of toilet/sink and tiles?

I've just laid new porcelain tiles in the bathroom and am about to refit the toilet and sink.

Is there some sort of gasket or protective insert that I can fit between the base of both and the tiles beneath, to prevent the base of either toilet or sink from scratching the new tiles?

I thought about some rubber feet, but they might leave black marks on the white tiles and they'd place all the weight on to one or two spots only.

Cheers.

Reply to
JustMe

Hi

You could put a bead of silicone all the way around the base of the items and wait for it to go off. I did that when mounting my wall hung WC and sink.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Toilet pans and sinks don't tend to move about of their own accord, and should preferably be fixed down. The usual method for pans is to screw them through the tiles into the floor below. How do you think they will scratch the tiles, and who's going to see anyway?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Toilet pans and sinks don't tend to move about of their own accord, and should preferably be fixed down. The usual method for pans is to screw them through the tiles into the floor below. How do you think they will scratch the tiles, and who's going to see anyway?

MBQ

I can appreciate your concern as the bottom of the toilet will not make contact equally around the base and point loadings might coincide with a void in the tile adhesive. I would definitely go for the bead of silicone. I might even be inclined to support the pan on 3 spacers (lolly sticks) to ensure a bead remains all around the base and isn't squeezed out by a high point. (Remove as the silicone starts to set)

Reply to
John

How about a white rubber gasket like this

white rubber sheet and there's a few hits like it.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks - I've done just that.