Vent kitchen extractor into chimney

Hi,

I'm trying to find advice on connecting a kitchen extractor fan to an existing chimney. Would I need to line the chimney and would condensation be an issue if I didn't?

Cheers Andy Mc

Reply to
andymacca

To be on the safe side I would run a duct up the chimney and fit a cowl on the chimney pot. Condensation may be an issue in winter.

Reply to
Codswallop

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:50:54 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "andymacca" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Yes, and yes.

The extractor also needs to be capable of pushing the air up to the top. An inline fan won't be enough; you'll need a centrifugal fan.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula