Unvented Boilers

We live in a building that was originally a hotel before being converted into flats. We still have the original heating system powered by boilers that are now wearing out. They have been on their last legs for the past six years and service companies no longer want to know them. The flats have big rooms but rather small kitchens. Quotes will be obtained got for a new boiler system but there are also possible problems with the 50 year old pipes in the building. One option is for the 50+ flats to have their own heating systems. The flats range from one to the three bedrooms. We do not have an available outside wall for a Combi to be fitted in the kitchen or bathroom apart from in the kitchen pantry where unused gas pipes come in. I am told that there are now central heating boilers that do not need an outside wall and can even be fitted in a wardrobe. Anyone have makers for them or have used them successfully? Derek

-----------------

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

-----------------

Reply to
DerekF

Unvented hot water cylinders are available that can be sited in a cupboard, but as far as I know all gas powered hot water and central heating boilers need to have a twin-duct flue system.

Reply to
DIY

A few of them can have remarkably long flues. x-posted to the experts on uk.d-i-y

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

To clarify the above post my original post to free.uk.diy read:-

We live in a building that was originally a hotel before being converted into flats. We still have the original heating system powered by boilers that are now wearing out. They have been on their last legs for the past six years and service companies no longer want to know them. The flats have big rooms but rather small kitchens. Quotes will be obtained got for a new boiler system but there are also possible problems with the 50 year old pipes in the building. One option is for the 50+ flats to have their own heating systems. The flats range from one to the three bedrooms. We do not have an available outside wall for a Combi to be fitted in the kitchen or bathroom apart from in the kitchen pantry where presently unused gas pipes come in. I am told that there are now central heating boilers that do not need an outside wall and can even be fitted in a wardrobe. Anyone have makers for them or have used them successfully? Derek