Telephone Advice Please

Is there anyone here who has the technical expertise or knows someone who can help make the best of our home / business phone setup?

I'm keen to get another line put in purely for private use and to keep the existing line for business and at the same time to do something about the appalling reception we have with our digital cordless phone in the office which is about 30 metres and five brick walls away from the house and the nearest phone point. I have broadband setup on a netgear wireless system. Since we live in the sticks our only option (I believe) as a line provider is BT with whom we currently have one line and Broadband. We do also have Sky so I don't know if there's an option there.

The plan is to be able to answer both the private and business lines in the house and in the office and give us the option of switching off the business line in the evening or at weekends if we want and just letting the answer machine silently take care of incoming business calls.

There is also of course an option of transferring incoming out of hours business calls to a call answering service but that's another issue which can't be resolved until we have two lines anyway.

Can anyone tell me the best way of achieving this bearing in mind I want to end up with 2 clear voice lines in both the house and office and a broadband connection? I'm obviously mindful of both installation and running cost!

I look forward to hearing from you

Doctormick

Reply to
Doctormick

Surely

will advise you. You can extend broadband without cables using the ring mains, see item A70CX at
Maplin also do a DECT wireless phone line extender that also uses the ring mains and which may overcome the problem of poor cordless phone reception, see item A82FY.

Reply to
Codswallop