Sun-blocking curtain for outside front door

Does anyone know where one can buy a ready-made curtain, or material for a curtain for this purpose? It needs to be highly fade-resistant and rot-proof. Ordinary curtain materials are quite unsuitable. Lots of shops say that they used to stock such things, but haven't done so for many years. We get a lot of full sun on our front door, and the paint blisters and peels off in no time if we don't protect it. Our present curtain is rapidly falling apart. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Brian Hardisty

Hmmmmm closest i have seen to that would be in blinds not curtains.Doubt very much you will find a ready made curtain like that but might be an idea to get on to local fabric suppliers and ask if they stock a black out backing for curtains.But then you will have to get them made to measure.Sorry cant be much more help than that.

JB

Reply to
Jonbhoy

In article , Jonbhoy writes

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but John Lewis do blackout lining which I have used, allowing you to use the curtain of your choice.

Reply to
fred

"Brian Hardisty" wrote;

Not sure how sun-proof this would be: