soil pipe problem

I have recently plumbed in a new upstairs bathroom. Where the soil pipe exists the building the female socket of the branch butts up against the wall. This means the vertical soil pipeis too far away from the wall for the support clips. Should I increase the size of the hole in the wall to accommodate the additional diameter of the branch or use some angled bends to bring the vertical pipework closer to the wall so I can clip them in place. Any other solutions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Colin

Reply to
Colin Hamilton

When I did this, the local building control officer was very helpful and told me precisely how I should do it, so that he would sign it off.

Burying joints in the wall doesn't seem to be a good idea. Differential expansion could cause the joint to leak...

You may have to put a dogleg in the vertical pipe, so there is enough room to bring the wall pipe clear of the wall and then turn it towards and into the branch.

But it will be the bco who has to approve the thing, so you may as well ask him.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

You should use a couple of 45 degree bends to bring the down pipe flush with the building, remember to fit a rodding eye as well.

Reply to
®ÖÐ