100MM PVC TO 4 INCH CAST IRON SOIL PIPE

I am replacing an old lead soil pipe, which runs through an exterior wall to a 4 inch cast iron socket and will replace the lead with 100mm PVC.

A 90 degree cast iron bend has its socket buried in the wall and the lead is plumbed into the socket.

I will need to replace the cast iron bend and the next short length of cast iron to a branch in the main soil pipe start. Fortunately this is all at ground level.

My question is how do I connect 100mm PVC to the existing 4 inch cast iron? I asked Marleys and they offered a push fitting for a 4 inch cast iron spigget but I do not want to cut the 4 inch pipe, there is no easy way of doing it in the position its in.

Ideally I will connect the 100mm PVC into the cast iron socket in the branch on the main soil stack. How can I connect PVC into a cast iron socket easily?

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
ian

If it fits inside the socket - I've not tried this - silicone sealer should be fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , ian writes

When I did the same sort of thing in my old house, i found that the plastic soil pipe was a pretty good fit into the CI socket (just clean out the putty stuff they used to seal the joint if it has any).

I just used some sort of mastic/sealant to then seal the joint. I foget what I used,it might have been that 'Gutter and Drainpipe sealant'

Reply to
chris French