Small air valve

Anyone know where I might get a small one way air valve about the size of a hearing aid battery? It's to go into the hole in my strimmer fuel tank cap , which has fallen out and got lost. The caps are no longer available and I haven't managed to find a replacement. Can't believe that there are so man y different caps. Why would they have to make these different? And not one of them, that I know of, will fit mine!

Reply to
cryptogram

A suggestion out of left field;

Maybe a one-way valve for an aquarium air pump can be modified for use? A good pet shop will have a couple different types.

Good luck.

Reply to
~misfit~

Thanks Shaun. This is certainly an idea. For now, though, I've cut a disc of gasket cork and put it in the filler cap. It lets in air and stops the fuel getting out (most of, anyway).

Reply to
cryptogram

I'm pleased to hear it. :)

Reply to