rendering with soft sand

I've got a load of soft sand which is no longer required for brick-laying. Can I use it for two coats of render on a gable end? Any tips?

Cheers Nina

Reply to
Perry Feral

You should only use sharp sand for rendering. The clay content in soft sand will cause the render to crack up.

Reply to
david matt

You can use building sand for rendering, it's problem is that you can get bits of iron in it which can then show rust streaks. Plastering sand is also known as soft sand.

ken

Reply to
Ken