radiator move and valve fitting cost

hello all

I wonder if any of the group could off some advice and pricing for moving a radiator about 6 to 10inchs along a wall and also how much is involved in replacing the valves as some of them are to be honest ugly and old. Just wondering about what sort of costs involved

thanks and best wishes

Reply to
Urban Legend

At a guess I would estimate between 200 and 400 GBP for materials, labour and VAT assuming this will take half a day. Regarding the rad to be moved, if the pipes need to be altered under the floor then one or two floorboards will have to come up, but it may be possible to alter the supply and return pipes above floor level. But if this rad is on the ground floor, and the floor is concrete, and you want the pipes altered in the concrete, then that will push the cost up a lot. Regarding replacing all the valves, 15mm TRVs and lock shield valves are about 12 GBP a pair, so if you need 8 sets then that's 100GBP for starters.

Reply to
DIY

floorboards

200 and 400 quid to move a radiator 6 inches? Who are you using??!!!! We had a very old radiator replaced with a nice new one half the size which meant cutting new holes in the floorboards new fixtures etc. Radiator cost us 60quid new and the same for labour - only took an hour and a quarter...... By the way I live within 20miles of London.
Reply to
chris lowe

Park lane?

Reply to
Mike

Mew thinks that you forgot to add a few decimal points....!

-- the_constructor

Reply to
the_constructor

At a guess for a DIYer and this is a DIY group. Try £10 per TRV, £2.50 for lock shield valves. £3 for the copper pipe plus £10 for inhibitor. All DIYers own the tools needed so total DIY cost £30. The labour is the DIYers and so free.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks to all who posted. I might have a bash as doing this myself..

-- regards

Reply to
Urban Legend