Moving radiator

I need to move a radiator a total of about 6 ft. There is a corner involved. It uses 10mm microbore tubing which emerge from a studded wall about 6" below each valve.

I was considering removing some of the plasterboard to gain access to these pipes and adding more to reach skirting board level. Then routing them behind the skirting board, around the corner and up the wall to coincide with the new positions of valves.

How would others do it in this group?

How do you bend 10mm copper pipe?

Reply to
Fredxx

what's the floor made of? can you get under it?

IIRC microbore in large radius turns can be done by hand, if sharper then a mini bender or joints?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

An external spring makes the job easy - try Screwfix, Toolstation etc.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Hmm: have internal springs; never thought about using springs on the outside... Still, mostly use plastic these days.

Spamlet

They've been standard for both 8mm and 10mm for many years and really very easy to use.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Many thanks.

The floor is concrete.

I was also wondering if I drilled holes into the studs if I could force/pull the pipe through? Are there any rules about depth of pipe below a wall surface?

Reply to
Fredxx

doubt it.

how big are your studs? couldbe a ballache if you went to all that faff (thermally seperating the pipes too) to find that a decent sized nail could *still* puncture them??

IIRC you can put small steel plates over pipes in notches in floor joists - you could do worse than use them to cover any notches in your stud walls?

TBH unless you drop new pipes from wherever it's always going to be a risk of hitting em sometime (tho opefully will be for someone else ;>)

cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K