Quote for new roof

I need a new roof on a 2 bedroom terraced house. I have requested quotes but waiting on replies. Anyone give me an idea (approx) on what to expect, from what I can gather its just the tiles all the wood is sound,the quotes will also include guttering. House in central scotland.

To give you any idea of cost, there's a lot of info missing. The quote should include: - Scaffolding Lath's Vapour barrier underlay type of slate or tile New lead work to abutments, valleys and chimneys Type of fixings Waste disposal Labour

Reply to
keith_765

Fair comment, not sure at this stage what is required only that it is tiles

S,

The list above is absolutely the 'bare'minimum requirements to include for a quote.

If the tiles/slates are that bad that they need renewal, then the underfelt and battens will need renewal also.

When you do that, then any leadwork will also require renewal - and chimneys need repointing if the compo is loose, flaking or missing.

My advice after being in the house maintenance 'trade' for over 40 years:

Do the job in its entirety at this stage for cost saving, longevity and peace of mind.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Thanks Brian I will check the quotes when they come and make sure all areas are covered.