Power Shower requirements?

I had an electric shower fitted recently, but the flow is awful. I asked the fitters to come back out but they say I can't have a power shower (or pump) fitted because of my water setup. Is this true?

I have a cold tank in the loft and a hot tank in the landing. I do have mains pressure cold coming up and into the toilet in the bathroom where the shower is, but as far as I know the sink and bath are fed from the loft tank. I don't know what the requirements are for a power shower or pump, so I couldn't really argue. I just wondered if he was being lazy, or honest.

Reply to
mentalguy2004

He's talking total rubbish. The pump is fitted between the hot water tank and the shower and between the cold water feed (from the loft) and the shower. The only thing to take care of is having a good size water tank in the loft, so you don't run out!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Is the shower fed from the cold tank in the loft? If so, it's unlikely you have enough pressure for it. It would be better fed from the rising main, ie the high pressure pipe which feeds the tank itself.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks guys, I am now armed with useful information :)

Reply to
mentalguy2004

Well you need pressurised hot and cold, so just connecting to the cold mains, won't help. A twin pump will easily solve the problem - we've had this installed in our house for 15 years or more.

Reply to
Paul Andrews

I got the impression that the OP has an electric shower, not a power shower. If he has a power shower, then I believe you are right.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Oops, what was I thinking? The word Electric had passed between my ears and not registered at all. OK, so it's a single cold feed, so you're quite right hooking it to the water mains should be OK, or adding a single pump to the cold feed from the tank would also be good. Using the mains feed would be quieter (pumps can be noisy), but look out for the flow slowing if someone flushes the toilet!

My apologies for the duff information to all concerned.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Check out my stupidity about your single feed electric shower in another post...

Reply to
Paul Andrews