Brand New Power Shower spluttered and then stopped

Hi Looking for some pointers to an issue we have with a brand new power shower that worked for a week, then started spluttering and has now stopped.

Background

Had loft converted last summer, thus and now have a slightly smaller cold water tank inside a fitted wardrobe in the former loft.

All seemed fine but old power shower on the second shower (usually my shower, after the Missus) would start to make funny sounds from the pump and then go very hot, before recovering.

Thought nothing of it but it packed up completley just wurring and not water, not good sign.

So bought new power shower, go that fitted, worked fine but now wurring back and no water, dare not use now save burning out the pump.

In mean time used our second shower in second ensuite, and have same issue there, first shower fine and the wurring noise.

Might be coincdence but never had issue until cold water tank moved.

Any ideas?

Is is a feed issue from cold water tank,

is it an airlock issue? if so what causes it?

Can this be fixed?

Help!

Russell Jones

url:

Russell

does the tank feeding the hot water cylinder?

does the tank also supplying cold to either/both showers?

is the tank emptying quicker than the mains can refill it? so on shower#2 you have an empty tank and the pump then cannot pump any more water and is running "dry" and then knackering?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

[...]

it suggests lack of water. Does the cold water tank empty? If so could need: a faster fill. Better ball valve? 2 ball valves? straighten out too many sharp bends? a larger tank

If a very long shower does not cause the same problem or the problem starts the moment the second shower starts it could be something different. Does it fully recover and stay recovered? If so could be something to do with trapped air.

Alternative would be to kick the Missus out of bed earlier so the tank has longer to fill between showers ;-)

Reply to
Invisible Man

In message , Invisible Man writes

Concur:-)

We have a huge header tank and have similar problems whenever a daughter showers!

Much worse since the water meter was changed and I suspect a particle of grit is partly blocking the ball valve. When sufficient tuits have been collected I will fit a second ball valve and clear the first. Meanwhile, I shower with a modest flow of water and don't shave my legs.

Alternative alternative, get up first:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Just remembered at our previous house we had 2 power showers and similar problems if they were both used them at the same time.

Reply to
Invisible Man