Power points - minimum height?

I believe there is a minimum height above the floor, but my enquiry is regarding a brick outbuilding which is just below 30 sq metres and is exempt from Building Regs.

I would like to put the centreline of the power points about 20cm above the floor.

Any information or pointers would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Peter

The minimum height is stated in part M of the building regs is above 450mm from the floor.

But as you say you do not need building regs then do them at any height you see fit.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Adam,

If the outbuilding is to be used as a workshop, then at a 20cm height, the sockets/plugs could well be prone do damage by kicking, dropping materials and tools etc.

In my own workshop all the power points and switches are at a minmum of shoulder-height to prevent such damage - I learnt the hard way after breaking a plug and getting one hell of a kick off it.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G