Pipe blocked with Insulating Material (pink one in lofts)

Hi all The cold water was coming dirty in cold tapes so I tried to clean the Water Tank in Loft(where the main Water supply goes and then it is distributed to all COLD tapes only) which was uncovered and was full of plastic (which supposed to cover it) and rubbish was all over.

I noticed that on the bottom of the Tank was also full of the Insulating Material (Pink ONe). When I was draining the Tank the insulating material fibres went through the main distributing pipe. in result there is not water coming to Cold tapes even I filled up the Tank.

HELP! I do not know what to do. How to unblock the Pipe which has the Pink One insulating material??

Thanks in Advance.

tim

Reply to
tim

Ooops! I'd try connecting a mains fed cold tap to a hot one and try to push the blockage back into the tank. Kitchen sink is a good place to start, if you have a mixer tap a length of cycle inner tube, knotted at one end, pushed (and tied) over the outlet will force water from the cold supply into the hot tap. Turn the hot on first, get a friend to watch in the tank. Good luck.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Remove the filters fitted to any of the cold taps, it maybe that the detritus is blocking the filters.

Reply to
Stickems.

It is possible that the material has only travelled a short distance along the pipe, in which case you may be able to pull the worst of it out by pushing a thin flexible wire down the pipe from the tank end, with the end turned back to form a hook. If that doesn't work, you could try disconnecting the water supply pipe to each cold water tap in turn, and connect a pressure washer to the end of the cold water pipe. The only other option I can think of is whether a power flushing machine could be used to flush the pipes.

Reply to
Handy

Thanks guys you are real life savers I am still working on it. Had to work too :(

The kitchen sink tape is connected diret to the main.

Until now. what I did was (bought a hose in B&Q, I did not have any LOL) Emptied the Tank, by sucking it through Hose pipe to the bath. I do not have any Garden tape DAMN and the I got 4 connector with hose which won't fix on my Kitchen sink Tape. I will go tomorrow to see if B&Q have any sink tape connetor and Bathroom sink tape connector so I can like you sugested Connect the Main Kitchen Tape Cold water to Bathroom Cold tape and it should open the blockage.

Stay tuned. Would not mind if any body could suggest where to buy the tape connector if I could not find it in B&Q.

Thanks for now.

Reply to
tim