Paviour block paving query

Hi All, We have this paviour block paving which has been washed with a power washer, this has resulted in the loss of the sand which is used as a grout between them. Could anyone advise what type of sand or filling should be used to replace it. Any help appreciated. regards Bill

Reply to
discoverer

============= It's actually called 'Block paving sand' and it's sold by that name (in bags) at Wickes, etc. It's a very fine kiln dried sand which you pour onto the paving and then brush in with a soft sweeping brush. A very tedious job requiring a dry surface and a dry day.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Reply to
discoverer

I'm wondering what kind of sand the paving guys use. Sharp sand possibly? They certainly don't get it in bags, I've seen them shovelling from a pile obviously delivered by a tipper. Which makes a mockery of kiln drying.

I bet it's hideously expensive to buy in bags as well.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Its known in the trade as "silver sand" you have to make sure you keep it dry, sharp sand is too "big" silver sand is very fine.

Reply to
listener

(in

It's true what they say, you learn something every day. Thank you for today's contribution :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Reply to