Maytag Persona washing machine

I saw this post on here with the same querry I am about to ask but can not seem to fing it once I created my account so here it goes to seek an answer. I have the above washing machine that has quit working once it gets to the rinse cycle but if I manually turn the dial to the spin cycle it works fine. I can hear a small humm and the motor TRIES to starts but fades out and quits in the rinse cycle. It is apparently a common problem with this brand/model so I am hoping that someone can help me with some expert advice.

------------------------------------- Willing to help anyone with my limited knowledge (mainly computers, music and history, haha but seriously). I do know a bit about home repair after working at Ace Hardware and Home Depot...and of course a shoe-string budget when something breaks. I think I need MORE help than I can GIVE but will do my best and won't lie or try to seem smarter than I am. Thank you in advance for any help that is given and TO whomever gives it...

Reply to
confeder8

Asking about a USA washing machine on a UK newsgroup may not be the best way of getting the information you need. But good luck anyway.

Reply to
Richard Head