Looking for - "hop-up box"

I'm looking for a hop-up, and what I have in mind (but not seen anywhere, so maybe doesn't exist or in reality is not practical) is a set (2-4) of strong but light weight "plastic" boxes, maybe with lids, that stack and clip together somehow, and that can also be used to store tools, dustsheets etc when in the car or garage. A pair of these hop-ups could be used with a scaffold board or trestle for when working on ceilings. Not looking for anything more than about 2-3ft high, just for domestic use. Has anyone seen anything like this anywhere? Thanks, David (remove _notme from email address)

Reply to
DavidM

I seen storage boxes in Aldi 2 weeks ago that where of this desription, they where about 2ft high?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

plastic boxes

reg

Fish crates?

Reply to
Rob Morley

festool systainers, not cheap but available in a variaty of sizes and with several types of inserts . I use them to transport tools to and from site.

Reply to
boatbuilder

I have some crates that are used by removers. They are certainly strong and big but do not have lids. They have metal folding bars at each end so that they can be stacked within each other or laid on top of each other.

I use them for, guess what, dust sheets when in the garage but they could be turned over I guess.

Let me know if you don't find anything and I'll take a photo of them and get the company name.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

They are called "beer crates", just break the middles bits out of them. Very Strong - you ever seen a drayman who is not built like a brick s*1t house ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick