leaking radiator taps

Removed a small central heating radiator during redecoration, and found that the two taps to it, even though fully turned off, are leaking water from where they enter the rads. All the taps to our installation (including balancing valves, or whatever they are called) were renewed about eight years ago by a local plumber. Question is, would they still be under guarantee? steve

Reply to
steve marchant

I'm not as expert as some plumbers on this group, but I don't think these valve are designed to be drip proof at all. What you're doing runs the risk of a major flood.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

do you mean where they join the rad or from the central spindle of the tap?

Reply to