Kemfix

Hi Has anyone used Kemfix ? I have to bolt a security cabinet to a block wall. Expanding bolts may shatter the block. I have been told to use Kemfix but don't know if you put it in with the bolt or is it a fixing on its own, and where do you buy Kemfix? any ideas please.

Reply to
Charles Holder

================================== I've never used it and I don't know anything about it but Screwfix sell one type (data sheet included):

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=chemical+fixing
Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

How to secure a security cabinet to an insecure wall? I'd say that you're wasting your time. If you avoid shattering the block someone with a jemmy may chose to do the job for you and easily remove the cabinet. A cabinet is only as secure as the substrata it's attached to.

Find another site.

Reply to
Ted Jones

Reminds me of when I applied for my gun licence, the village idiot came to inspect the premises and where the gun would be stored. I took him into a room (no windows & only the one door), explaining that the access door would be replaced by a steel one. I also pointed out that it was a concrete floor & ceiling!

After a long pause & the sound of a long drawn intake of breath through his teeth that would put any builder to shame, he pointed out that someone could break through the 'breezeblock' back wall!

"Of course they could" I said.

"As soon as they've negotiated the 150' lift shaft behind it!"

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

I used some a while back, bought it from a local hire shop but can't remember which one. It's a two part filler/adhesive, supplied in a double barrelled tube with a mixer nozzle. Worked fine until I went to use it again later in the afternoon, bloody stuff had set in the mixer nozzle. Seem to remember it cost about £10. David

Reply to
DavidM

I just spent four hours trying to get the bloody cabinet to where I wanted it. Its so heavy I think I will just use bluetack as it isn't going anywhere and will be sold with the house if I ever move.

Reply to
Charles Holder