How to calculate KWHs into days use?Help

I have a water pump for supply to my house Checking the use over a period of 51hours I use 2.52KWH What is the usage over 24 hours Is it 2.52 divided by 51 and X by 24 ? This gives 1.18 KWH per day Cost at 10p pre unit gives 11.8p per day

I suppose I am confused by the unit KWH which implies an hour duration Blair

Reply to
bm

Your calculations are correct, but in reality the use for 24 hours will vary depending how much water you pump on certain days. If your 51 hours were for a typical two days (just over) usage than you will have a good estimation for a days cost.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

It does.