Flat roof refurbishment

What are the relative merits of felt and fibreglass for flat roof refurbishment. I thought fibreglass had a much higher lifetime guarantee but I am finding the difference is not that high. Is fibreglass worth the extra cost?

Bachgennewydd

Reply to
bachgennewydd

My neighbour has just had a flatroof redone with what looks like a black butyl-rubber pool-liner. It's apparently feltbacked, guaranteed for

30years and does not require solar proofing (normally chippings or reflective paint).. Don't know the cost but he said all three estimates were pretty close (felt, fibreglass and the rubber thing) Michael in Sussex
Reply to
Michael Shergold

Am sure I read some where on this group that these rubber roofs tend to sweat .

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

Meaning what exactly? I'm interested cos I've got one. What am I looking for?

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al