A friend moved into his house about 5 years ago and has been using a plug
socket that was in the corner of the room above a brick built extended
fireplace, for his TV, video and lamp.
He decided to remove the extended fireplace and at the same time move the
socket, which he later found was fed by a flex from a point just above the
skirting behind the bricks.
New piece of twin & earth was purchased and the job was done.
That was the easy bit. Now whenever he uses the plug socket, his next door
neighbour has to switch her mains back on at the consumer unit because it
His house is fed from an overhead cable which then loops from his house to
his neighbours. Other next door neighbour is not affected.
He purchased a new socket and still the problem persists.
An electrician told his neighbour that it would cost her £140 for a new
How wierd is this ..... ?
I think I will have to go round and do a few checks.