Electric Wall heaters Vs Gas fired central heating.

Hi all, I am in the process of doing up our newly bought house. At the moment I have removed all the old carpets and nails and we are now going to decide on the heating system.

The whole house and hallways and stairs are floorboards...some very old and some very recent.

We had hoped to keep the floorboards just as they are with some staining and finally a good sanding down. Its an old house from 1873.

Does anyone have any thought with regard to the pros and cons of electric wall heaters Vs traditional gas fired central heating?

We had a gas central heating guy round yesterday and it seems the boiler must go onto a kitchen (Exterior) wall and it will really mess up our soon to be fitted kitchen ideas. There would be two and a half days of workmen in the house. The already installed and working immersion heater would need to be ripped out. The room sizes are not huge so double radiators will have an effect, plus the possible leaks and maintenance.

So with all of that I started thinking about these slimline electric wall heaters with thermostats and timers. They are around 150 each, I could fit them myself, cheap to run, no maintenance plus a few other distinct advantages.

Am I missing something here?......has anyone gone for the electric systems and have any opinions one way or another?

Constructive input greatly appreciated

Regards Alan

Reply to
Alan

Having experienced both gas and (storage) electric heating, I would never use 'electric' and 'cheap to run' in the same sentence!

Reply to
Madmucks