Gas versus Electric heater for studio Apartment

HI, I stay in a very small studio apartment. I need a suggestion: buy a electric or a gas heater ? how can i save money, kindly reply. Aj

Reply to
AJ

Hi, What kind of gas?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I doubt you'll find a portable gas heater intended for indoor use.

Reply to
CJT

You mean like the high efficiency ventless propane heater I have?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The one that dumps oodles of moisture and combustion by-products into your living space? I'd never use one of those anywhere, only a proper vented, sealed combustion unit.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Well in the long run gas is almost always cheaper than electric. What is there now? How long do you expect to stay there?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Buying an electric heater upfront is inexpensive plus you don't have to worry about venting issues, but operating costs will be expensive.

Gas heaters will be expensive upfront plus you will have to vent it to the outside , but operating costs will be less than electric.

I had a gas wall furnace in my old condo that vented to the outside. It did a pretty good job. It was this one.

Mikepier

That's basically what I need to add to my workshop for heating. The ventless units are cheap and easy to find, but the massive amount of moisture they dump in the room would destroy my tools in short order. That's ignoring the issues with flammable solvents and dust as well.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Buy a sweater. Or provide more details. What's your current heat source?

Reply to
Goedjn

How do you avoid asphyxiation?

Reply to
CJT

Those heaters have oxygen depletion cutouts so they keep you alive, at least in the short term. They produce little CO so they don't immediately poison you, but they do produce other combustion by-products that aren't good for you long term if you have inadequate ventilation.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.