Dead LE Anglepoise

I have a Terry Low-Energy Anglepoise lamp, the type that takes a G23 (F11BX/SPX27/827) low-energy light bulb.

The plug contains a heavy transformer/PSU, and not long after purchase I accidentally dropped the lead onto the floor, and the plug casing shattered. I was told that it was uneconomical to repair or replace the plug PSU on its own, and that I would have to buy a new lamp.

Instead I, ahem, bound the casing up tightly with electrical tape, and it's worked for some years like this, but last night it died. The bulb works fine in another unit, so it's not that. Removing the layers of tape, I can't see anything wrong inside the plug PSU, and there doesn't seem to be a fuse (I'm surprised that's legal?), just a transformer.

Before I bung the thing in the skip and give it up as a bad buy, any suggestions for an alternative PSU? Markings are: Tecne Type BL1/240 for PL lamps 7 / 9 / 11W

230/240V-50Hz 0.17A PF0.45 TW105*C IP20 OP51298
Reply to
Java Jive