cracks in artex

Hi

I had my bathroom ceiling artexed about a year ago and small cracks appeared in the artex after a while, I am a bit concerned now about the effect the steam is or will have as the cracks above the shower appear to be getting worse.

please see

I was wondering if I were to paint the ceiling with a pva adhesive/sealent and then repaint it would that solve the problem? or can any body tell me the best way to cure this before I have to have the whole lot ripped out

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

As this work was done only a year ago, and should last much longer than this, I would ask the person/company who did the work to look at it and advise. Otherwise, the PVA sealant/repaint approach should work especially if kitchen/bathroom grade emulsion is used.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Thanks Phil will take your advise and see if I can get the chap to fix it first

Reply to
Andrew