Central heating pump speed knob

I have a Circulating Pump (model CP 53) The pump itself is fine but the speed control knob has broken. I took the cover off to have a look and noticed that the plastic stem of the switch (which holds the metal contact pin) has broken off. I've managed to temporarily replace it so that the metal contact is working on number 2 speed. I was wondering if it's possible to obtain just the speed switching knob or do they only sell a complete assembly?

Reply to
Redwood

Your best bet might be to find one from a worn out pump. That's not a part which would normally fail in service.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Or a used pump on eBay.

Reply to
DIY

Reply to
nobby

Many years ago I had the same problem. All the places I tried insisted that I had to buy a complete new pump. I contacted the manufacturers, by snail mail I expect in those days. They sent me the correct part by return of post at NO CHARGE. "Those were the days" but worth a try. Good luck,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jackson