Central heating problem

Since removing a rad for decorating I cant turn off the damn thing by any means except the mains on and off switch on the boiler front panel.

The thermostat/controller switch doesn't do a thing.

Any ideas appreciated.

When the rad was removed lots of water escaped from the system as I didn't have one of the valves closed, and the pressure on the gauge on the boiler dropped to almost zero.

Dave

Reply to
Dave