Botched Sky re-wire

I've botched a re-wire of my Sky system. Now water is seeping through the cable. I'd better get the professionals in. My question is how much would it cost?? A renewal of my Sky contract is not an option.

Reply to
Andy Johnson

The plug ends will more than likely have stopped any water getting in to the actual equipment, so just change the coaxial cable. Remember this time to seal the ends and put a drip loop before any cable enters through walls or window cills.

A drip loop is just a little bend in the cable before it disappears through the wall. It bends downward toward the ground though, never upward. :-0 It stops water running along the cable and through in to the wall.

Reply to
BigWallop

Oh yes ! Really ! And when was the last time you looked at the plug which attaches to the ends of the coaxial cable ..... ?

-- troubleinstore

so just change the coaxial cable. Remember this time to

Reply to
troubleinstore