Baxi Valour Gas Fire Bolero 941

My mother had a fire installed August 2007. Early in 2008 it wouldn't light so a Baxi engineer came out and knew exactly what the problem was, ie soot clogging the inlet pipe. Removing the 'coals' to hoover up the soot sorted the problem out. Since then my mother has cleaned the fire herself several times and the frequency is increasing - three times in the last 2 months.

Any advice?

Diana

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Sounds like the wrong gas/air mix causing soot to be produced. Some of these fires do run with a slightly air starved flame to give an attractive yellow tipped flame but soot should not be forming in the burner.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi may be way off ball not knowing to much about gas but I have a "Real flame" gas fire and had a similar problem .Mine was fitted in place of a coal fire which had not been used for years. It turned out the fitters (corgi approved ) neglected to have the chimney swept prior to fitting and the soot was actually falling down the chimney.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

Thanks for the info. Do you know if a Corgi engineer could check/correct the mix without too much hassle ?

Diana

Reply to
Colin Jackson

The chimney was swept before installation, so assume that's not the problem. Thanks anyway.

Diana

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Yes, They will be called 'gas safe' engineers these days and should know what to do.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin