baxi fascination gas fire help please

my father has installed a baxi fascination gas fire for me. the problem is im getting no heat from it at all to warm the room. it does not even take the chill off the room. i have had it on for over 2hrs and nothing at all. the glass round the edges is not even warm.

whats gone wrong? any idea's many thanks in advance

Reply to
remo

The gas supply needs to be turned on then the fire needs to be lit. If you can smell gas, open all the windows, turn the gas supply off at the meter, and don't light anything or switch any lights on or off until the smell clears.

Reply to
DIY

there is a flame. but no heat to heat the room. the flame is blue not much orange

Reply to
remo

That's the problem, it isn't installed properly.

and

DIY

Reply to
remo

Is it just ornamental - how many BTU should it provide?

Reply to
John

Reply to
remo

Maximum heat output 2.4Kw. It might be burning blue because it isn't getting enough air.

Reply to
DIY

"Please ensure to have a survey carried out by a Corgi registered gas installer to check and certify the compatibility of your chimney or flue with this fire before making any purchase to avoid disappointment."

Your dad is Corgi registered is he?

"If you intend to install this fire into a precast flue an optional extra spacer kit (price on application) and or a deep rebated or false chimney breast will be required. Also due to the sheer number of varying flue boxes it is not possible to know which fires are suitable until such time as the existing fire has been removed."

Reply to
DIY

> >> "remo" wrote:

This is a not an ornamental unit.

It sounds like you have the pilot lit OK and have not turned it on.

If the person fitting it was competent then a check of the burner pressure and/or gas rate will have been done. What were the results?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have not seen your posts before. But there is some room for improvement on the subject of gas fitting.

Please read the Gas Fitting FAQ and under stand what the colour of a gas flame shows you.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

remo