Air conditioners running costs

Looking at the portables available in the sheds at 12000 BTU

Any idea as to the power consumption of such a unit?

I wonder if my leecy bill will be hammered on 8 hour a day use in this hot weather?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

My mates portable unit was about 1.5KW and cost about £1 a day according to my Aldi electricity cost meter he borrowed. Got rid of it as basically no very good (a two part one) and has now got a proper two part one installed both inside and outside bit permenantly fixed. Also very quite unlike the portable unit, so can be left on low at night without keeping you awake.

Reply to
Ian_m