AAARRGGHH !!!! Timber Cladding In Kitchen

I have that awful pine cladding to my kitchen walls and ceiling, and its driving me nuts as to what to do about it. At first i thought of just cleaning it thoroughly and painting it. would this look as cr*p as i imagine it to? I then thought it might be best to take the cladding down, but that poses a couple of problems..not least of all is i dont know what this cladding is hiding and i COULD open up a can of worms, replastering wise Any ideas, other than those two above, guys 'n' gals? tiling over it isnt an option, as the wall cupboards are fastened to the plaster behind them.directly to the wall. The cladding was made to fit around them.

T-L

Reply to
Tamale-Loco

In a similar situation I ripped all the cladding off and skimmed the surfaces, anything else would have looked tacky. It turned out to be not as bad as I expected but until it is all off you won't be able to tell. I saw the result of painting over the cladding in another house and it did indeed look cr*p - big time cr*p.

Phian

Reply to
Phian

driving me nuts

COULD open

plaster behind

cladding in

Thanks for confirming my fears, Phian I guess i was just looking for someone to say it would look great painted white ;) A "not looked forward to job" just got more not looked forward to lol !!!

T-L

Reply to
Tamale-Loco

look as cr*p

COULD open up

I have timber cladding to my Kitchen ceiling , complete with 10 down lighters .The timber is lightly varnished and edged with plaster coving . It looks very neat and tidy . Whats the big deal surrounding timber cladding ?.

Reply to
Bluesplayer

COULD open

Well, try thinking of how it would look with all the walls clad in the stuff too !!!! Especially when you have, like i do a galley kitchen measuring 14' X 6' only Get the idea now? ;-)

T-L

Reply to
Tamale-Loco

i COULD open

plaster behind

Ahh , were talking sauna , yup i get the picture .

Reply to
Bluesplayer