Timber Cladding to tiles interface: ideas requested

Hello All, We are looking to re-do the bathroom and like the idea of a "New England" look with painted timber cladding from floor to(generally) perhaps 4' up the wall. Probably a shiplap profile. Now, I'm happy with the bottom of the vertical strips sitting on a small fillet twixt the cladding strips and floor boards and I'm intending to have the top of the strips fit into a rebate under a horizontal narrow simple 'shelf' to allow for timber movement.( I have a Google sketchup file to illustrate this if a piccie would help).

However, the idea is to have some of this cladding above the bath and above the basin. I would like to have a low tile splash back to each and I just can't think how to neatly handle the join between the cladding strips and the tiles. I don't fancy the tiles been proud of the timber by just sticking them on the face of it. Neither do I fancy just filling up the voids with sealant. Has anyone any ideas, please? Usual TIA Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
ianp5852

Maybe some useful ideas here?

If not, maybe threshold strips? Once you know the thicknesses of the tiles and the cladding, you should find something that bridges the gap.

Reply to
stuart noble

I think you might have warping/splitting problems with this arrangment in a bathroom. Probably look like crap in a few years unless you can find some sort of plastic that looks similar.

Reply to
harryagain