2-way ligthting - Finding the Feed

Hello all,

I have two way lighting setup and I want to find the feed (phase) wire into one of the switches. I'm using a DVM switched to AC with the backbox earth as a ground. I can't seem to find a wire that gives me a positive (240V) result! What am I doing wrong?

I also need to remove the 2-way switching from one of the switches and convert it to a regular one way light switch. anybody know the best method?

thx

Reply to
Oddjob

Maybe you are doing nothing wrong. You have no guarantee that the backbox is earthed.

Often the feed (phase) is at both switches on 2 way lighting on modern wiring. How many wires and of what colour are at both switches?

That will depend upon the wires available. See above

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for your help

Switch A has twin & earth both in red and a single wire also in red.

Switch B has twin & earth in blue and brown and also the single red wire.

I was using the earth wire as a ground. I also have one of those illuminating screwdrivers which lights up with quite a few of the wires!

Reply to
Oddjob