Did anyone had a problem with painting wood treated with Jasco wood preservative

Couple years ago, I had my Deck rebuilt. We treated the wood with JASCO Copper Clear Wood Preservative 1st; then built it. We painted the Deck after we prime it. Now the paint is pealing in a horrible way, and need to re-paint. Any body knows if the Wood Preservative is the cause of the paint peeling?

Reply to
kal

Jasco may have had some contribution, but no that's why decks aren't painted...or not for long. Paint on horizontal flat surfaces is not a good match. You should only use a Solid Stain. It doesn't peel, blister nor crack and just fades until you re-Solid Stain it.

Reply to
Anonymous