scheduling system

I'm looking for an internet based job site scheduling system that will cover all aspects of a job site from the proposal to the subs scheduling. Any suggestions? I have found only one at

and would like see some others before jumping in.

Thanks

Bow Browning

Reply to
Bow Browning

I don't know of any myself, but I thought I would check out the one you posted. I tried, unfortunately, it doesn't like my browser and all it will do is tell me to use internet explorer instead. I couldn't even get an email contact address without internet explorer to tell them I don't run Windows, so I can't run internet explorer - even if I wanted to. Maybe one of them will read this and fix their problem.

Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

Guys, you got to let us all know what these weasels are charging -- if you proceed and can find out -- I've never trusted any product or service that hides its fees; these "services" with secret fees are usually used to charge one fee to Curly, a different fee to Moe and a different fee to Larry.

Reply to
clintonG

They told me it was $255 per month and it does all I need plus more, if you get a different price please let me know. I called them this morning and asked what internet browsers could be used and they said that currently they only support Microsoft Internet Explorer but will soon have a version that will accept all except with the exception of AOL's browser. But before the new browser version comes out they will complete the draw scheduling with invoicing functions that is currently in testing.

Reply to
Bow Browning

If Carol returns we'll have a second number; that makes Curly and Moe. I could pretend and play Larry I suppose but I don't actually need to use a cost scheduling service.

I interjected because I'm developing a webFeed builder that can be used to syndicate scheduling information directly to the desktop of each entity the architect or project manager puts into a streaming content distribution list. The architecture of the service I am building won't require customers to expose their data to an intermediary service provider unless you choose to. This jobsiteschedule service said nothing about that which happens to be the most efficient and secure way to collaborate using a messaging architectural enabled by Internet protocols.

I mean I like the idea of small businesses working together but it seems this vendor is already out of touch with what can be offerred given the finanical incentive. I understand that. It is not unusual to begin working on the development of a software application or service which can become or already has been made inconsequential in the blink of an eye.

What I'm talking about is called a mashup on the web. It puts an end to buying into a software product or service that does a good enough job at this or that but can't do sh!t about the other thing some other product or service does. I'm develop AEC service mashups.

So what do you think?

Reply to
clintonG

Congratulations, I think you just told him. Click on the profile of Bow Browning. Lou

Reply to
Lou

I just reloaded

and at the top of the page it says and I quote...

"Welcome to the stupid friendly construction scheduling system developed and designed for Construction Contractors and Sub- Contractors"

The proper term is lame (not stupid) otherwise commonly referred to as crippleware noting the point I make is that it is most likely of no fault to a small vendor where as crippleware is intentionally developed and sold by slimey vendors like Autodesk and Microsoft.

Reply to
clintonG

Thank you worthless replies Clinton! I was asking for suggestions to similar services as

not your opinion of their web site and or product. I have already investigated their company and reviewed their product finding the company above board with a very good product that will make my time more productive. I now know better than to use newsgroups for any such thing. Clinton, I looked at your web site
and it appears that you are a highly regarded professional but your comments here have proven otherwise. I have better things to do with my time and I'm out of here for good!

Enjoy yourself!

Reply to
Bow Browning