quickcrete

Need to pour 6" x 24" x 6' shelf for stone face. Can I poor dry mix into hole
and walk away, I've seen it done for fence post.
Reply to
jack trump
jack trump posted for all of us...
No, it will pack down as you set the stone and end up pulling away from where you want it. Pour it like a regular footer. Make sure it's big enough for the load. That's why some fireplace chimneys pull away from the wall, because the foundation for the chimney is too small and the weight of the chimney is really on the foundation and tie-backs can't help...
Reply to
Tekkie®

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in