parking pad for camper cheap

I want to park my little camper in a place that is low off of the driveway...grassy. the edge of the driveway is supported by heavy flat rocks. My camper weighs less than 1000 lbs. I kind of use it to escape...wont take it out much if at all. What kind of base should I put in the grassy area to park it. I also plan to lift it off the tires with what I assume concert blocks like last year. the difference is it was parked in the driveway. Now it will be in a low lying area off the driveway. This area is level with the neighbors yard so water does not sit there. I like to do things myself so please any ideas for parking this thing and keeping it in good condition is appreciated. I love pictures too. Eventually I want to build a cover over it to protect camper from the snow and rain. Thank you...Pam snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 16954 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
pfoglia

You might be interested in "Grass Pavers", we've used them for a variety of applications from highway median crossings to secondary access routes across grassed areas for emergency vehicles. The link below will give you some info

Tom Cular

I'd drop a couple of yards of gravel. Dig out the topsoil first, of course.

What kind of music with the concert be? (Could not resist!) Don't use concrete blocks, get a 8x10 PT landscaping timber, and cut it down to

18" pieces.

There are many covers you can buy commercially. Depends on where you live, snow loads and the like.

PLEASE DO NOT POST USING THE SPAM SITE thesuckocompany.com! THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MOST OF THE SPAM ON THIS GROUP, AND MANY USERS HAVE THEM AND POSTS THAT ORIGINATE FROM THEM PERNAMENTLY BLOCKED.

Reply to
PeterD

If the van is there for awhile weeds and tall grass will grow under the van. Might not be a problem but can untidy. Consider spraying with weenkiller and laying some gravel or even a membrane with gravel on top. How steep is the slop though? Gravel migh make it tricky to get it up and down there?

Another option is to use "reinforced grass". These are plastic or concrete blocks with holes in. Lay them like paving, fill holes with soil and seed grass.

Reply to
Cwatters

Andy comments:

Every reply I read here is good advice.... However , your requirements are so minimal that it will probably be OK if you do NOTHING....

I would suggest that, if you leave your trailer for months at a time, that you move it back and forth a few feet every month or two so the tires will be resting on a different chord.....

And, if it rains, and gets soggy, you might have a problem with your prime mover in pulling it out.... Dry ground -- good .... wet ground --bad.....

Good luck,

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Eureka, where I have a 19,000 lb motor home sitting on cheap gravel with no problem at all.....

Reply to
AndyS