Paint brands

I'm redoing my kitchen - mostly paint; walls, cabinets and countertops. In the past I have always used Glidden paints, but my local retailer has dropped the Glidden line in favor of Benjamin Moore. While I'm sure they are excellent paints, I can't stomach paying $50+ for a gallon of paint. They will also be carrying (not in stock yet) Coronado paints which is a BM company. I don't know what these paints will be priced at, but the sales guy said they were the true "Glidden replacement". My second option is California paints. The local lumber/hardware store has carried them for years. Of course I also have access to TrueValue and Ace paints. Are Coronado and California good paint brands. Is one better than the other?

Reply to
kbremner

Never used the stuff, but California Paints is a well-regarded brand.

RicodJour

If you were happy with glidden, then i'm sure that any old paint at any price will make you a happy camper. personally, we don't use anything but Kilz from walmart and behr from HD. BM and sherwinwilliams are certainly overrated and not very good paints at that.

Reply to
Steve Barker