Need help with plans for steps for my 3 year old son's physical therapy

This prob is the wrong group, but my son was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor (3 days after his 3rd birthday) and has had surgery and just last week started his first round of chemo (this will be a long process). His brain tumor is medulloblastoma which is a malignant tumor that affects balance in addition to other areas. He needs physical therapy but doesn't work well with the therapists and I would like to make him what he needs at home. He needs steps that go up - a bridge to walk across - and steps that go down again (he needs to pick up puzzle pieces at one end and put them in the puzzle at the other end. The steps in the therapy room are only about 3 inches deep (step to step) and about one foot of step...and there's 8 up and 8 down. Not sure if that's that important. I also need to make him a balance beam (I think I can do that on my own - they want 80 for one at the store!).

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

His carepage is at

and search for johnathondoerr if you'd like to see it.

Teri

Reply to
sweetsurprisesbyteri

Teri, does the PT place have such a setup? If so take some pictures of what they have and post them on a page. That may help us visualize what you need.

Also, indicate what country/part of the country you are in. If in the US, a state would be fine. There may be help locally, but at this stage who knows where you are!

And, good luck.

Reply to
PeterD

Bit like these?..