doorbells

Got a interesting one for ya'll out there, what is more commonly used, a wired or wireless doorbell. I am thinking wired, I have acess to the inside of the walls and attic durring the remodel, and how high is the buton mounted on the outside, about the level of the door handle, or does it realy matter?

Thanks Craig

Reply to
Craig M

Problem with wireless is that they use a battery. Batteries fail. First indications of failure is when the mother-in-law says "You jerk, I know you were home, I rang the bell, and you ignored me." At that point your wife then hates you too, and you don't get anything for at least two weeks, you have to change the battery, you find the battery is a non-standard size or just plain expensive...

I prefer wired myself, but that's a personal preference!

Reply to
PeterD

All the doorbell switches I've pressed are just below titty level to me. I'm 6'. Dave

Reply to
Dioclese

I was going to say chest high but you said it better.

Reply to
Glenn