All smoke detectors active?

I have a 5 year old house with electric/battery smoke detectors. They started going off today...All of them, first one in the hall then the bedroom then all over the house. They will stop but will start up again at random times. I have no gas in the house. Any suggestions? it's kinda spooky.

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote on 06 Jan 2008 in group alt.building.construction:

This is common. One battery is probably getting low, but not quite low enough to set of the low battery alarm. They're all linked together, so when one goes off, they all go off.

Install new batteries. Blow out the insides with canned air. Don't blow out the insides with your mouth. Spit is not good for the sensor.

This usually solves the problem.

Reply to
Steve