Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

whites
Whenever I wash my whites they almost never come out white. They almost always come out off-white and have a discoloration to them where the dirt was before they were washed. I've tried bleach in...
15
15

determining mystery stain on couch
Cleaning experts, We have a relatively new couch that is the color khaki. We came home one day and noticed a orange/pink stain on the "top/back" where your head/neck would lie. My wife tried rubbing...
2
2

Organization - My AMAZING grocery bag holder
I'm a person who does a lot of crafts so I save all my plastic grocery bags. There are so many GREAT uses for these handy little things. Only problem is that they are a pain to keep these bags...
2
2

How to remove smell of spilled wine from a car?
Hi A bottle of white wine got smashed inside my car. Fortunately or not it all spilled on the driver's side carpet. I had it valeted but it still smells bad Is there any way of neutralizing the smell?...
6
6

Where to buy OxyClean
I was told that in the US there are places that sell OxyClean much cheaper than in Vancouver BC, where I live. Does anyone know of such places, let's say not farther south than Bellingham? Rich
6
6

Ruined vinyl bathroom floor with bleach
In the past I have cleaned the vinyl floor in our bathroom around the base of the toilet using damp paper towels and bleach. This past time, after removing the paper towels, the entire area was yellow...
6
6

Removing a cell phone ?
My daughter has a cell phone that's stuck to ear. We have tried using various commercial products with no success. Lighter fluid also. (Wrong brand, maybe?) We have also tried calling Nokia and other...
8
8

Re: Dog Hair?
[On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:48:32 GMT, "DLynch" wrote:] The best thing I've found is a product called Euthanasia.
3
3

kids and cleaning is there a way ?
This may be a little off topic but here goes. I know there are clean houses out there with kids but how do they do it. I have a four year old and a six month old baby, and I just can't find enough...
3
3

removing old masking tape
I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest how to remove dried on masking tape from window glass - idiotically I left it longer than the 3 days recommended, then it got so hard and dried on that I'm...
9
9

Removing annoying lint from black slacks
OK, I know there's going to be some wonderfully nurturing mom out there who can answer this for me, as it's driving me slightly loony. Have a pair of black slacks, 100%, every time I wash them they...
6
6

Re: Cleaning urine stains off furniture ?
Oooh, now you've got me wondering ;-) Nan
1
1

Help - how to clean a 'nook'
In my kitchen, there are some long, thin spaces that are difficult for me to clean. One is between the refrigerator and a cabinet - it's about a two inches wide, which made it hard for me to mop, but...
1
1

Re: plug-in bug repellants
It's toooooo early in the morning to be splitting a gut! As I'm reading your post, I'm also looking at an army of ants, parading in through a door jamb, across the wall OVER the top of an Electronic...

Re: please help-i cant get the smell out :(
I just tried a new odor killing product and was very happy with the performance. It is called Odo-Ban. I bought it at my local discount store..it should be easy to find. It comes in a spray pump...
2
2