Steaming

Took the plate off the wallpaper steamer and used the rubber tube on a stick for steaming the oven and microwave and cupboards and floor and tiles What a mess! Water everywhere! It never moved any grease despite me holding it on one little dot for two minutes :( nor did the dog's hairs that were on the baseboard move ( just a couple of tiny hairs) Would a 'real' steamer fare any better? When I've seen the adverts the grease is running off. Do they use fresh runny grease I ask? Mrs Bonk

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

The ads are definitely exaggerated. I have a small steamer and it works great for detail work like cleaning in cracks and complex shapes. It is good for cleaning things you can't get soaking wet. It doesn't clean my oven or drip pans as advertised. Maybe a big, serious steamer would do that. I also have a steam mop which does a wonderful job on my floors.

Reply to
Vox Humana

My steamer has a "detail" brush...it's about as big around as a pencil. The steam is concentrated into that brush, sort of like a pressure washer - and it knocks off burned on grease on the grill and the oven. I think it's the pressure as much as the steam that's at work. It also does a good job cleaning the tile grout. For cleaning the floor, I use the floor attachment. I got mine on sale and it's been worth it, but it's not an expensive one by any means.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701